



Hello everyone! Here are a few pictures of my apartment. Some of the pictures are blurry, unfortunately, but hopefully clear enough to get a sense of the place. I'll be living here for at least the next month. I think it's a pretty nice place by Almaty standards (and my grad student budget!) but it is taking some getting used to. The apartment belongs to an older, retired man and his wife. The wife is in Moscow, but until I moved in on Monday the man was living here. So I am very much "subletting" the apartment. This is a one-room apartment, meaning that there is one main living room, a kitchen, bathroom, and main entryway. It turns out that the kitchen gets decent light (even though it has been cloudy/smoggy since I arrived!) so it is a cheery place to get some work done.

No comments:
Post a Comment