Sunday, May 4, 2008

Various Adventures




It has been a while since I've posted. I have been alternatively busy (with research or otherwise!) or tired for the past couple of weeks. Here are a couple of pictures from some of my various adventures last weekend. On Saturday, I went up to Kok Tobe, which is a cable car that runs from the city center up into the lower foothills that surround the city. There is a park up there to walk around (including a zoo and a restaurant) and some overlooks that provide great views of the city as well as further up into the mountains. Last Sunday was Easter in the Orthodox faith and I attended an Easter service at the St Nicholaus Cathedral. Here are some pictures from outside the cathedral, waiting for the bishop to arrive, as well as inside during the service. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture on film the beautiful music (chanting and hymns) and the smell of incense that filled the sanctuary.

No comments: