
It has been several months since my last post. I got bogged down this fall
with research, exhaustion, and other forms of procrastination. Also, nothing terribly interesting was happening and it didn't seem worth writing about. All that has changed this week! I am finding more quirky things about Baku that seem worth sharing. For example, these two pictures. First, the big bakery in town has started making chocolate cake which they name "Obama cake." I can't decide if it is a cute attempt to celebrate our new president, or if it's just racist. Second, I passed this bumper sticker yesterday. I think it's an anti-sex message...?

1 comment:
That is definitely a racist cake and an anti-sex sticker. Talk about sucking the fun out of life! Who'd ever think that something as delicious and delightful as a cake could be racist? And who's against sex just in general? I mean, enough to put a sticker on their car? Or maybe they're just anti-missionary. Miserable human being. And now I have sudden understanding of how miserable life can be in Central Asia.
Post a Comment