
This is a picture of the view from my bedroom window here. It might give you a very small glimpse into what Baku looks like. While Almaty was very green and lush this spring (once the winter snow melted!), Baku is actually a very dry, dusty place and is surrounded by desert. There aren't many green things growing here. As you can see, there is a large construction site right outside here. There is a ton of construction going in Baku, as both the government and private companies build all sorts of new buildings. They work 24/7 on the construction site here by my window, making it sometimes difficult to sleep at night. They are making great progress, though. When I arrived two weeks ago, it was just a big hole in the ground! Beyond the construction, there is a statue that marks the local metro stop and behind that a large building, which is the city train station.

1 comment:
For some reason I can't see the picture. But I can imagine it pretty well... You sound upbeat, though I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment. Can't wait to read more!
Post a Comment